$1,800 later, she’s got the power and features of a $4-5k+ production eBike, but my own reliability ’cause I know every part of her, and all her secrets, and built her myself. YES I bought the bike from Walmart, but does this LOOK like a walmart bike to you? (spoiler alert, the answer is no) frame stripped and repainted, forks re-done/sealed, new tires, spokes, re-built hubs with new axles, and better industrial grease, new 203mm floating custom disc brake rotors with single-piston Schimano hydraulic brakes, custom fitted with machined red-caliper mounts, new custom grips, new custom stem, new custom steering fork extension, front 4kLumen dual lights, rear tail lights, (bright AF) 36 spoke reflectors, new seat, custom shorty fenders, custom kick-stand, BAFANG 1,500w BBSHD with custom controller, DPC-18 screen, 48v 11AH battery (will be adding another soon for range purposes) custom chain guard, and a couple bags to hold a toolkit for just about anything that could happen, flat tires, loosening bolts (most are locktite set) and more! Also added a new 7-speed trigger shifter, re-did the shifter/brake lines from scratch etc. Only things left to do: get new competition front forks(for a smoother ride and more stability. Even though I did rebuild the stock forks to make them a bit stronger and more reliable, they’re still the stock forks) and grab a newer 52V battery with a higher capacity for more range and torque. 150nm already of torque, this bike will beat even a hell-cat off the line. no joke it’ll lift the front wheel so ya gotta respect this kinda power. Of course its’ only 750w if anyone asks 😊
Got the motor/battery/wiring 99% done today. Also put on the pedals and chainring. Put on the rear-rack and rear rack bag as well and will soon add the front handle-bar bag for more storage etc. A few finishing touches to the wiring, getting the new chain on, finishing the rear-rack mounting and I just need to true the wheels spoke by spoke as they’re not trued correctly (pains of buying a pre-assembled wally world bike and then replacing EVERYTHING but the frame while even Repainting the frame as well lol) Black Widow 2.0 is GETTING THERE!!!! (she’s not perfect, but then again what woman IS? ) I just need function over form and she’s not bad looking either. Still saved about $2,500USD by doing it myself, and get a better performing and more reliable eMTB out of the work! worth it! New red seat, red bell, white reflective spoke covers like BW1.0 had on the way
one of MANY xPaPaDx Projects going on at once. lol
she’s coming along! New custom red grips, new custom red stem/handlebar mount, new custom red front-fork extention, new custom red handle-bar extension mount, new custom brakes including lines, hydraulic calipers, and red-center-floating rotors ,new shift mechanism, new 7-speed rear derailleur, new shorty fenders, got the gearshift sensor for the motor installed etc. just needs the new seat, the motor and battery themselves put in with the chain put on, and a few adjustments to the length of the hydraulic hoses since they’re a bit too long. After that I’ll be ready to keep up with traffic at 30MPH average for almost 50 miles a charge! Also have to adjust all 36 spokes in each wheel for tension since when you buy a pre-fab bike it’s never put together properly. Case in point, the front wheel’s axle was put in BACKWARDS when I got it. Fixed that right away along with many other issues. Soon, it’ll be a well-oiled spider She’s already 3/4 of the way there! #BlackWidow2.0Build-2022
Since this is my first “official” blog, I’ll start by saying welcome to my site and this place is all about drums and music for the most part!
I’m on a fixed income as my site-banner says, and it’s taken me the better part of 12 YEARS to get this far!
(Started in 2010 with a combo Roland TD-8/Alesis Pro USB kit & Pintech Cymbals)
I did have an amazing 7-piece Pearl Decade Maple in Redburst acoustic kit with Meinl Cymbals that cost around $4k with cymbals, rack, drums, the works BUT I couldn’t handle the acoustic loudness in the small and only room I could use as a studio (which is currently my entire house/room as I had to move in with family due to the china virus and all the bullshit currently going on in this bat-shit crazy world, but more on that later.. maybe…)
This is why I had to sell the gorgeous kit (sad face BUT it’s ok ’cause…) and purchase a small $320 Pearl Roadshow JR. Kids drumset to convert to an Electronic kit while taking the acoustic drum shells, and putting mesh heads with custom DIY Triggers and wiring them up myself.
Yes I did say myself, IE this kit is entirely converted from Acoustic to Electronic by me!
mesh heads, triggers, Roland cymbals, mixers, software and other stuff took up what I’d gotten back out of that acoustic kit (about 1/8 of what it’s worth IE Retail Inflation woes) and with the cash left over I built what you see now in the last pic.
ANYWAY I could go on forever but I’ll leave this first blog short as there will be more in the future.
I’m currently working on a way for people to sign up here and comment, post and interact with me so bare with me!